DARA Thailand currently has an opportunity for an internship as a Counsellor. This placement provides an opportunity to see a wide variety of clients with addictions and respond to a range of presenting problems. Our interns will have an option to stay on the island and do their internship in DARA Koh Chang where we offer Integrated Cognitive Behavior Treatment Program or go to the mainland and have their internship in DARA Chanthaburi where we do a more 12-Steps base Treatment Program
- All internships require a minimum of 3 months commitment.
- All trainee positions are unpaid but come with free board and lodging.
- Weekly Group supervision are provided by very experienced licensed staff (Counselors & Clinical Psychologist) and all trainees participate in in-service training.
- Twice a month Individual supervision scheduled between the intern and supervisor.
- Twice a day Hand-over meeting with the clinical staff and Treatment Director
- Applicants must be graduate students or post-graduate interns in the field of Counseling or Psychology
- Must have good English communication and writing skills.
- Possesses good self-discipline and work habits.
- Independent and able to deal with challenging clients and situations.
- Knowledge in counseling and psychotherapy is of utmost importance.
- Must have good counseling and interviewing skills.
- Knowledgeable in Cognitive-Behavioral therapies.
- Able to lead structured group activities.
- Able to adapt to various cultures and orientation.
Please send us your CV and letter of intention to firstname.lastname@example.org