As far as we can tell, there aren’t a lot of choices for drug and alcohol rehab in Taiwan. If you or a loved one is in need of a top quality, luxury style rehab, DARA Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Thailand might be just the place for you or your loved one. A direct flight from Taipei to Bangkok is only about 3 ½ hours.
DARA is extremely affordable for the average international client, and each of our residential alcohol and drug rehab programs are all-inclusive! Even more important than price is the level of professional expertise at DARA. You will receive a customized care plan based on your unique needs, implemented by a team of internationally regarded experts.
Primary Levels of Care in Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers: Inpatient (Residential) and Outpatient
DARA Drug and Alcohol Rehab is an inpatient rehabilitation facility (vs. an outpatient setting). Getting treatment for substance use on an inpatient or outpatient basis depends on need (level or degree of the addiction) and individual resources, i.e., time and money. Inpatient centers are needed for moderate to severe addiction, providing an environment away from many triggers, e.g., people, places, and things, and an environment of continuous care. Outpatient centers can be utilized by people who are less severely impacted by alcohol. With an outpatient program, people visit the treatment center on a periodic basis for counseling and treatment (for example, 3x / week for 10 weeks). Outpatient treatment is less costly compared to the inpatient treatment because the client does not incur residential costs. While a person, who is moderately to severely impacted by his alcohol use, can opt for an outpatient setting, inpatient alcohol treatment will most likely be the best choice. If you’re considering DARA Drug and Alcohol Rehab for your inpatient rehab, please see an example of a typical day at DARA.
Some questions to consider regarding inpatient vs. outpatient drug rehab*:
- Are you using alcohol on a daily basis and are not able to remain alcohol free for 24 hours?If “Yes,” inpatient treatment is indicated.
- Do you experience severe withdrawal symptoms if you try to abstain and stop drinking, e.g., convulsions, seizures, blackouts, delirium tremens (DTs) (body tremors, confusion, disorientation, stupor, hallucinations)?If “yes,” inpatient is indicated with detox. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal is not managed medically.
- Are you unemployed?If “Yes,” you may have too much free time on your hands, putting you at higher risk for spending time the old way, i.e., going back to using your free time for drinking. Inpatient rehab may be most beneficial.
*Questions from: Recovery Options: The Complete Guide (2000) by Joseph Volpicelli and Maia Szalavitz
Expert Drug and Alcohol Rehab at DARA
DARA’s drug and alcohol rehab process at both DARA Koh Chang is governed by ITM (Integrated Treatment Model). Some of the modalities used in ITM at DARA include but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Rational Emotive Therapy
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Relapse Prevention Therapy (including a Relapse Prevention Track for certain clients)
- Schema Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
Clients also received concurrent treatment for co-occurring mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). We have certified dual diagnosis clinicians on staff who are experienced in treating many types of mental and behavioral health issues that are present along with a drug, alcohol or processing addiction. Clients with active suicidality, paranoia or delusional behaviors, however, are not appropriate for the level of care provided at DARA.
Each member of DARAs professional clinical team live and work full-time in Thailand. This is an important distinction, since some alcohol and drug rehab centers hire short-term staff who agree to provide professional services while taking advantage of a working vacation in a resort setting. Our international staff is fully dedicated to DARAs mission, and able to invest in both DARAs clients and the local community because it is their own home, and not merely a short-term stay.
If you or a loved one is in need of the very best in drug and alcohol rehab services, DARA can help. To speak directly to a counselor call +66-87-140-7788 or use the contact form.