Why choose drug rehab in the UK over an international medical tourism destination like DARA Drug and Alcohol Rehab? There are many reasons (learn more below), but the most important fact is that if you have an addiction, you need professional help, and as soon as possible. If someone has an addiction to alcohol or drugs, it means he cannot stop taking the substance despite harmful consequences in his life. He may, of course, even recognize that the drinking or drug abuse behavior is hurting himself and others. Some of these harmful consequences include legal and financial problems and loss or damage to major and significant aspects of life – including marriage, relationships, job, individual freedom and mental/physical health. Yet, even with such problems and losses, the addiction continues.
Addiction becomes a noose, made up of the braided fibers of the physical, social, and psychological damage caused by alcohol and/or other drugs. Initially, the drugs and alcohol provided pleasure, relief, or excitement. However, as the addiction takes hold, and the damage of addiction rears its ugly head, comes a time when the cons outweigh the perceived pros. Additionally, that original high — and the feeling of relief, pleasure, or excitement it gave — becomes elusive; and one is left not only with chasing that original high and its non-fulfillment, but with destruction to himself, family & friends, and others.
Wherever one is in their stage of addiction, the addiction can end and the healing can begin.
Why Addictions Require Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Both alcoholism and alcohol abuse can be classified as addiction. Essentially, the term alcoholism (vs. alcohol abuse) has the two added components of tolerance and physical dependence. Tolerance means needing greater amounts of alcohol to get intoxicated. Physical dependence refers to having alcohol withdrawal symptoms when suddenly stopping drinking after prolonged and heavy use. Those with more severe withdrawal symptoms should go through an alcohol rehab program, as indicated.
No matter what the clinical diagnosis, alcoholism or alcohol abuse, the consequences of addiction to alcohol or other drugs will strangle quality of life. As stated earlier, the addiction can end and the healing can begin. Many people with addiction need professional help in a reputable alcohol or drug rehab facility to break out of the bondage of their drug abuse, alcohol abuse or alcoholism.
Rehab, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Most professional drug and alcohol rehabilitation centres can be classified as inpatient (residential) or outpatient. You can read more about the difference between these two — and which one might be best for you—on DARA Drug and Alcohol’s Make a Decision page. A treatment program, if it’s a quality one, will impart to you the knowledge, skills and abilities to live a clean and sober life. However, it cannot provide you with the inner wisdom to fully commit to rehabilitation and recovery. That ‘inner wisdom,’ as the term implies, needs to come from within. You can learn about the Why’s, What’s, and How’s of recovery, but you need to apply them to, and in, your life. And, only you can make the decision to walk a path of sobriety.
DARA Drug and Alcohol has helped many people live a clean and sober life. These are people who have worked our program—they fully engaged in our holistic treatment program, embraced the program with a heart of wanting to change their world and took with them their experience of rehabilitation and recovery from our program back into their lives. They did what needed to be done to reclaim their lives.
Alcohol and Drug Rehab UK
DARA Drug and Alcohol is the leading international destination for drug and alcohol rehab treatment. Non-stop flights from London’s Heathrow airport to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) are around 11.5 hours duration.
Why Travel to Thailand for Rehab?
- While there are many rehabs in the UK to choose from, DARA Drug and Alcohol is simply unique and exceptional in its luxurious setting, facilities, and therapy program.
- You can get away from an association of your home environment to work on your recovery and thus be further away from common triggers that prompt you to drink or use drugs.
- For some, being discreet regarding where you’re going when going to rehab is important. Thailand is a major tourist destination, and that’s all anyone needs to know—as you decide.
- At DARA Drug and Alcohol, you will be working your recovery program in a luxury resort type setting. Additionally, we specialize with a focus on alcohol abuse and dependence.
- We treat the whole person, focusing on the individual, not simply the addiction. With us, while you’ll not only learn to change your addictive thinking and behavior, you’ll concurrently have a renewal of mind, body, and spirit through fun exercise, nutritious and delicious meals, meditation, breath regulation, relaxation, and massage.
- Upon returning home, you’ll have an aftercare program in place to help you through that early, crucial time in your recovery.
If you or a loved one has an alcohol and addiction problem, contact DARA. We are happy to discuss your needs and concerns, and provide the help and information you need to regain your sobriety.